Scholarships and Funding
To enhance learning environment of Naresuan University to correspond well with the upcoming ASEAN Community 2015 and build English capacity upgrade of its in-house students, 3 scholarships are offered to each of the 9 ASEAN countries, including Bhutan. This is deemed to not only strengthen cooperation with neighboring countries but develop diversified learning experiences of the Naresuan University community where international students will play active roles in exchanging culture by mingling with Thai students.A successful candidate, vetted by International Development Committee is entitled to receive international airfare ticket, domestic airfare ticket, health insurance, on-campus accommodation, visa fee, monthly stipend, and study material allowance.The online application can be accessed to at https://interregis.nu.ac.th
We would encourage that, besides applying online, you supply us with the following documents:
- One page CV affixed with your recent photo. You must indicate in the CV whether you would like to apply for a scholarship or not.
- Statement of purposes, which includes field and level of study that you would like to apply for.
- English proficiency score (if any)
- Complete transcript of records (if you apply for Ph.D. study, records of master and bachelor must be submitted and vice versa)
- Passport bearer (if any)
- Letters of recommendation (at least 1 referee)
Please direct these supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, Naresuan University offers this type of assistantships to Embassies of 9 ASEAN countries plus Bhutan and Nepal; our partnered universities are also notified about this opportunity. Prospective students should pay attention to these important dates:
- Circulation of scholarships to Embassies and partnered universities: May
- Deadline of scholarship application: Mid June
- Announcement of selected candidates: the end of June
- Communication between the university and candidates regarding travel arrangement and Non Immigrant Type ED visa preparation: early July
- Arrival of students: mid July
- A complimentary Thai language course: third week of July to second week of August
- An orientation for international scholarship students and commencement of the firs semester: third week of August